How to make a simple PARK/SIGNAL light switchback?

It's been a while since I write something on this site. Ever since Google changes their interaction with blogger, everything change. I still wanted to keep the site for my future references and hoping to get the best from it. So sorry for all of my readers and followers here.

I will still try my best to compensate in every possible way to give some idea I have and today, I want to teach you how to make a very simple park light and signal light for motorcycle and even for cars will work that will switch OFF your Park light automatically when Signal or turn signal is activated.


There are a ready numerous LED BULB that has a two color fitted on it like as shown on. They are colored in white and orange when powered on. But how to isolate the color differently when used as a Park light and as a signal light.

You came to the right page. This is your simplest solution I can get. I have a complex circuit of course but for beginners. This is your trick.

Materials needed for each side of the turn signals so literally means two of every component.


Mini PCB relay----Why PCB relay? Automotive relays are bulky and not waterproof. The fact we are using LED here does not consume large current. This will do enough.


Rectifier Diode----1N4001 to 1N4007 will work, the only function in this circuit is to act as a blocker.


Eletrolytic capacitor-- This component will play a huge role since when the voltage vary since motorcycle voltages does not stay fixed at 12 volts, more often 12-14.6 volts..so time of delay will also varies. Yes. The circuit will just be based on DELAY TURN OFF.


Schematic Diagram simplified:




No need for a PCB on this one since it only 3 components and can be soldered pin to pin easily.

Put 6 wires as shown.

Follow the wire lead with tags and you will never be lost on this one. Just make sure about the poarity of the capacitor.

And here is the working Video tutorial also.
Just Subscribe and click the notification bell to get updated timely for new simple circuit that can be used by those who wanted to start DIY.

About MCircuits

1 comments:

  1. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! 15kv capacitor

    ReplyDelete

If you have any inquiry about the post, you can contact me directly at my email address. Click ABOUT above and drop to contact to reveal it.Thank you.