Motorcycle Regulator from Online Shopping Site.


 Here is another example of what was inside a motorcycle voltage regulator, and this time this one is from an online selling site here in my country. Curious wise. I already knew what will be found on the inside for almost all regulator/rectifier for motorcycle that I open, they are almost identical on the parts used but different placement on the board.


Frying the hardened epoxy is not easy. I tell you, proper care and right tools without chemicals is what's needed. I used hot air to soften the epoxy resin and used a surgical knife to open this unit.


What interest me are those broken glasses as shown on the photo. What was the actual purpose is I do not know. I am clueless, maybe who try to open one will have serious injury since it is glass may cut your skin if not properly treated as you you are opening the unit to see the bare board inside. 


The schematic of this unit is the same as my previous post about regulators. It uses BT151 SCR series. The difference I saw was this unit uses a small bridge rectifier which is actually not enough to handle large current rectification on some motorcycle. If you use this on heavy loading of regulating voltages. This one will surely fail. Other uses bridge rectifier of 10A or more and I found out this one is just no more than 5A of diode. 


Item cost is 170 pesos or around 3.0 USD and if u will replicate this regulator. That 3 USD will just be a cost of 2 BT151 SCR. :)




About MCircuits

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any inquiry about the post, you can contact me directly at my email address. Click ABOUT above and drop to contact to reveal it.Thank you.